What Is a Digital Adoption Platform (DAP)?
A digital adoption platform (DAP) is a software solution that is used to facilitate more effective user onboarding and software usability.
Specifically, a DAP is used to train users on new software by offering in-app guidance in real time.
This approach offers significant advantages, such as:
- Faster time-to-competence
- Greater knowledge retention
- Lower training costs
- Increased user productivity and engagement
- Decreased training time and user frustration
Although every digital adoption platform is customized to serve specific needs, there are a few characteristics that they share.
The most advanced features include:
- Contextualized, In-App Learning – A DAP is a layer that sits on top of existing software. This allows the solution to analyze a user’s context on a given platform and deliver on-demand training exactly when users need it.
- AI-Driven Insights – AI-powered analytics help these platforms understand user behavior. Sticking points and processes can be analyzed, further optimizing training solutions.
- Step-by-Step Guidance – Customized in-app tutorials can guide users through a series of actions.
Compared to traditional training methods, digital adoption platforms offer much higher ROI.
There are a few reasons for this:
- Training resources and support are housed within the solution. A DAP provides all of the user onboarding and training on the software. Subsequently, new users don’t need to rely on human intervention for instruction, which is not always reliable or effective.
- Information is delivered in the same moment employees need it. This means employees can apply it instantly, increasing retention rates.
- Contextualized delivery also means employees waste less time. They only learn what they need to know, and avoid learning irrelevant material in generalized teaching environments.
Some advantages to classroom training and in-person training still exist.
However, in today’s digital world, the demand for better digital skills training has drastically increased. Companies’ technology investments continue to grow each year, so they need better training to ensure a positive return.« Back to Glossary Index