Let’s face reality: customers keep companies alive.
And one way companies lose customers fast is by offering them a poor onboarding experience. The last thing your enterprise wants to do is to ruin the user experience of your digital product through a weak onboarding process.
Get your Free Digital Adoption Certificate
So, a great customer onboarding process is crucial. This is why your onboarding platform is super important.
Customers become frustrated when they can’t achieve their goals quickly and easily. Frustration leads to churn. And churn leads to company failure.
So, in this article, we’re going to look at how your onboarding platform can transform the user experience — for the better.
Good onboarding transforms the user experience
Let’s look at apps as an example of digital products being offered and hopefully used by today’s enterprise customers.
Statistics from Compuware show that the majority of smartphone users (85%) prefer apps to mobile websites. They’re believed to be more convenient, faster, and easier to use.
However, with this preference for mobile apps comes an intolerance for apps with user experience issues.
79% of people surveyed reported that they would only retry an app once or twice if it failed to work for them the first time.
So, it’s imperative that companies supply their customers with a good user experience from the get-go, or they’ll most likely lose them to a competitor.
Onboarding customers well to your app or other tool is the most crucial part of their life cycle with that product.
Customers want what they’ve always wanted: an easy, efficient, and personal experience. They expect a seamless and tailored service to meet their demands. And your onboarding platform can help you to provide this to them.
The best onboarding platforms streamline the process, provide a personalized experience for customers, and help them to achieve their goals with your digital product.
Onboarding platforms are a critical part of the digital adoption process. They boost customer retention and enable cross-selling and upselling. The right one can help you to capture customer loyalty and be a more successful business.
Customer onboarding top tips
- Try to get it right first time — up to 90% of apps are only used once, so your onboarding process needs to engage and retain customers
- Research your customers and what experience they want before designing your onboarding process
- Keep the onboarding process simple for the first time user — if the process is too complicated, the customer probably won’t return, so don’t overload them with information or ask for too much information from them at the start
- During the onboarding process, ideally you want to communicate to customers that your product can solve needs they didn’t even know they had
- Customers don’t want to watch a tutorial on how to use your product — they just want to get started, so you need to find a way to engage them and onboard them successfully while they’re exploring your product
Remember, you might see the value of your product but do your customers? You must develop an onboarding process that allows customers to understand the value of your product immediately because you probably won’t get a second chance.